The second topic in the Soft Skills Training Sessions organized by our Young Professionals group was Emotional Intelligence, and more specifically Self-management.
After a re-cap of the first session, Imran guided the participants through a series of polls, break-out sessions and knowledge-sharing using Google Jamboard.
Original event description: https://pmi-no.org/aktiviteter/emotional-intelligence-what-drives-you-during-changing-times-part-2
Takeaway questions to reflect on from the part 2 session:
- What changes are your organization, or you, going through?
- What emotions are you going through and why?
- What do you do to manage any unwanted emotions?
- Do they work? Why/why not?
- What are you going to do differently to manage your emotions better?
Keywords from this session were "change", "self-regulation" and "self-management". Also to spend the energy on what is within your control to influence and change.
For reference, Part 1 in this mini-series focused on Self-Awareness (https://pmi-no.org/aktiviteter/emotional-intelligence-what-drives-you-during-changing-times-part-1).
Recording below, approx 1 hour and 15 minutes (incl breakout room session time).