Project Management vs Change Management
The debate about the alignment of Project Management and Change Management and how necessary they are for delivering successful projects has been ongoing for many years and will continue to do so for many years to come. Essentially the debate revolves around whether a Project Manager can be a Change Manager at the same time, or is there a need to have both disciplines working in collaboration when working on projects? Speaker Ron Leeman originally wrote a LinkedIn article on this topic in 2014, and since then there have been many differing opinions on the subject from both the Project Management and Change Management communities.
- Objective 1: To help Project Managers gain an understanding of Change Management and how it aligns with the Project Management discipline.
- Objective 2: To explain how the two discipline’s aim for different outcomes, requires a whole different set of skills and competencies and have different roles and responsibilities.
- Objective 3: To explain how the two disciplines can be integrated.
- Understand the fundamental differences between Project Management and Change Management
- Understand the benefits of including Change Management when executing Project Management to determine a successful outcome
- Gain an overview of how to integrate the two disciplines
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- work collaboratively with a Change Manager to ensure successful project outcomes
- use your increased knowledge of a Change Manager's role and skill-set to help you focus on where they can add most value
- understand when and where it is best to use a Change Manager to add value to the project process
Presentation and discussion method:
- PowerPoint Presentation delivered via Teams
- Interactive Q&A session at the end of the presentation
About the speaker:
Ron has been in the “business of change and transformation” for more years than he cares to remember.
He has worked across the length and breadth of the UK, across many European countries and Internationally in excess of 20 industry sectors and has “change managed” over 25 different technology solutions.
He is a Consultant, Trainer, Blogger, Speaker, Author, a Coach & Mentor and Trusted Advisor on all matters related to “change and transformation”.
In June 2012 he was presented with a “Change Leader of Tomorrow” Award by the World HRD Congress in recognition of his “remarkable progress in initiating changes enough for others in the same industry to follow my example”
The Owner/Founder of the Highway of Change and the Founder of the Institute of Change and Transformation Asia (ICTPA)
- Duration: 1h25m, incl 25 minutes Q&A
- Collaboration tool: MS Teams
- Language used during webinar: English
- Free event for PMI members. NOK 250 for non-PMI members, to be charged via Vipps.
It is no longer possible to register for this event